Living the American Dream

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Table for Four

After an entire day at sea, Grumpy was finally rewarded when his dream couple joined us at our huge dinner table last night. Adam was a large friendly man from Philadelphia, who as well as proving to be a jolly companion made Grumpy feel slim. Even better was the fact his fiancée looked like Barbie, and wore a dress two sizes too small for her chest. Turned out she is musical theater and was keen to enter the ship’s Miss Princess competition. Since she looked like a Disney princess, I’m sure she’ll win even if she doesn’t sing a note.
This got me to thinking who my dream dinner table companions would be. I could go all historical and say George and Martha Washington. At least next to George’s wooden teeth my British ones would look all white and shiny. Or about Jimmy and Martha Stewart? Grumpy could practice his Wonderful Life impression in time for Christmas while I sat eating the cup cakes that she’d smuggled aboard in her handbag. I wonder if George and Laura Bush would like to take a cruise in their retirement along with 95% of the ship? He might enjoy talking to the other George W. at our table. Mind you, if the comedians are right, all he’d probably note is that they had the same name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home