Living the American Dream

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Let's Get the Party Started!

Must rush..no time..quick updates....family arrived ok...one brother-in-law, check; one sister-in-law, check; one ten -year- old nephew, check; one two- year -old nephew (very cute), check; one much missed daughter on crutches due to a badly sprained ankle, check. One gbf who took longer to find his way to our house from the airport than our family did to cross the Atlantic, check.
So what's been happening so far? Now so desperately close to party time that I am having to enlist the help of almost anyone I meet. I had my new neighbour Janet put up American bunting for me on Friday - can't bring myself to tell her she has to do British bunting today. I had the whole family install a fountain in the front yard as my "boys" (wonderful local gardeners) planted flowers around it in a quick fix.
The house remodelling is going very well, thank you. Yes, that's right, going. Technically that means it still hasn't finished yet. I was dismayed to hear my gbf actually laugh at the prospect when he came in on Friday. But I, and probably I only at this point, know categorically it will be done.
Matt and his team have been working round the clock. My family is camping on the front lawn to keep out of their way. Things are manic, but brilliant, and on Sunday we should have the party to end all parties assuming we all survive!

If anyone reading this who hasn't been invited would like to come, you can contact me on hilarydecent@yahoo.co.uk for the address. Bring tranquilizers and a paintbrush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home