Living the American Dream

Monday, October 20, 2008

Which Witch?

She's baa-aak. With less than two weeks to go before Halloween , this evening I dusted off my alter ego Griselda. Griselda is the witch I become when I go to the Naper Settlement, thankfully not every time, just for Halloween. Last year she was a Shakespearean witch dancing around the cauldron reciting lines from the Scottish play. This year she's taken her cauldron outside to terrorize visitors waiting in line at the annual Fright Nights which take place on Friday and Saturday this week.
Tonight's dress rehearsal was great fun. Fortunately the Americans are easily impressed by both my natural British accent and my supernatural witch accent. There is nothing stranger than chatting with a bunch of ghouls, mummies, pirates and monsters as if its an everyday occurance to dress up.
I'll post pictures at the end of the week, but if you'd like to see Grumpy and myself overacting for all we're worth (and to be honest it's not a lot) do come along to the event.
For more details look at http://www.napersettlement.org/calendar/All%20Hallows%20Eve.html where you might see a familiar green face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home