Living the American Dream

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Christmas

Dear Auntie Betty,
Happy Christmas. I hope Uncle Bill is behaving himself and the children are taking their medication (or should that be the other way round?)
This year has been good to us. Back in January Grumpy was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. Yes, I know, again! My new cookery book launched in February, Cautious Cooking, has been selling like hot cakes, which is odd, because I left that recipe out. As usual, we have enjoyed some international travel this year. Beijing, Monte Carlo and Rekjavich are all places we read about while relaxing at Key Lime Cove, Illinois.
The children are fine. Orphan No 1 is running his own restaurant in London. It’s called A Fly In My Soup. One day he hopes to be awarded a Michigan Tire (at least I think that’s what he said). Orphan No 2 is training to be Woolworth’s first personal shopper. We are hoping she completes the programme before they go into liquidation.
Other than that, things are much the same. This time next year I should have completed my 15th medical degree. Together with my law qualifications, I am hoping to be the first surgeon to successfully sue herself.
Happy Holidays to you all,
Lots of Love,
Hilary

2 Comments:

  • It's a Wonderful Life!

    A Michelin startire for Orphan #1 is rolling around in Santa's Bag.

    Hyacinth

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 AM  

  • A little eggnog with lots and lots of rum?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home