Living the American Dream

Monday, April 13, 2009

Now I'm A Lay Dee!

Those of you who read my item the other day For Better Or Worse, might like to find out the outcome. Today I received this e mail from The Glancer which has been sent out to readers telling them about three new columnists starting in May.

"Naperville resident and British writer Hilary Decent joins us with a regular new column – Happy with Grumpy: One Local Lady Shares on Love & Marriage. Each month Hilary will be taking a humorous look at her life with her husband, Grumpy. As you get to know them, Grumpy considers himself to be the voice of reason in their marriage, while Hilary tends to act first and think later. To celebrate Mother’s Day in her debut issue, Hilary recalls the day she became a mom 25 years ago."

So now I've been elevated from a 'wife' to a 'lady'. Not sure what I think of this one. If I play a word association game with 'lady' I think of Hyacinth Bucket or the catchphrase "I'm a lay dee" from Little Britain. Guess it means I'm finally old enough to buy those pearls...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home