Living the American Dream

Monday, July 06, 2009

British Invasion

Last video clip of the weekend. What would July 4th weekend in Naperville be without a visit to Ribfest? Great as usual, this year ended in a concert duel between Huey Lewis and the News and Herman's Hermits. Americanphile that I am (assuming there is such a word in the English/American language) I still had to plump for the British. I was immediately catapulted back to my childhood. Back to the days before we even knew Peter Noone wasn't really called Herman and when most music came with a Liverpudlian accent. One of the most poignant moments for me came when jokingly Peter said when the band started out, they always dreamed of one day playing in Naperville. I never thought I'd ever watch him play live, let alone in a park in a small American city in the place I now call home.

2 Comments:

  • The Circle of Life is most pleased to welcome you and Ross Home.

    Diane

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:00 AM  

  • Wasn't it great? I loved every minute! My children learned Henry VIII along with their nursery rhymes! Thank you (& Ross) for the video clip.. Steph

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home