Living the American Dream

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Christmas In July

Let me the first to wish you all a very merry Christmas 2009! Actually, I’m not the first. Naperville Municipal Band has already held a Christmas in June in concert, and from Monday 13th July visitors to the Canterbury Shoppe in downtown Naperville will be able to buy ornaments and the like at their annual Christmas in July event.
What’s wrong with you people? I love Christmas as much as the next person, well, maybe quite as much because I’m Jewish, but Naperville is especially magical during the holiday season. That’s my point. It should be a season, not all year round. For one thing, where would our waistlines be if we ate Christmas dinner every day of the year? What would you buy Uncle Jim when it’s too hot to wear a woolly scarf?
Anyhow, since everyone but me obviously can’t wait for it to be Christmas again, here’s a few suggestions for some early Christmas songs:

Deck the Halls with Boughs of Blueberries
Frosty the Puddle.
It’s Not Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas.
Rudolph the Sunburnt Reindeer.
T’was the Fifth Month Before Christmas.
I Saw Mommy Missing Santa Claus.
All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Bottles of Suntan Lotion
Baby It’s Hot Outside
Christmas Time Isn’t Here
Santa Claus Isn’t Coming To Town Because He’s On Vacation
Weeding Around The Christmas Tree
In The Hot Misummer
Do They Know It’s Not Christmas?
Let It Rain! Let It Rain! Let It Rain!
O Sticky Night
The Twelve Months of Christmas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home