Living the American Dream

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Sea Leg

At our first day at sea we spent a lovely time relaxing, attending a wine tasting, listening to live music, eating, attending a shopping seminar, eating..the usual kind of thing. We’ve now seen most of the ship, but ended up visiting one place I hoped not to see – the medical bay.
To be honest, I think the doctor was very happy to see me. I was the only person there not complaining of sea sickness. It has been a little choppy, but as a seasoned crosser of the English channel, it seemed nothing to me. But our poor American co-travellers have been suffering despite wearing these strange little patches behind their ears that makes them look as if they’ve all just had coclear implants or they’re struggling to give up smoking (out of their ears, I guess).
Anyhow, the reason I was there was because since Friday my right knee has been sore. It could be as a result of my dramatic slip on deck (not the ship, the one behind Sue’s house you may recall). The doctor said it’s either a sprain or a torn ligament, so I’m now sporting a very fetching bandage which would ruin my sun tan in the unlikely event we see any sun during our vacation! I was actually very relieved to hear her diagnosis because according to Dr Google I was going to need an amputation or at very best a knee replacement, so its always worth getting a second opinion.
She also said I had some fluid on my knee, which gave Grumpy the chance to offer me his medical expertise.
“You know what you need for that?” He said. “A tap on the ankle.”
Just call me Long John Hilary….

2 Comments:

  • "Oh no!" I hope it feels better soon. I feel awful, Will you be suing????

    Very anonymous

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:51 PM  

  • That's too bad - I hope the knee wrap eases the pain. I'm sure you'll continue to enjoy your outings, just make sure you get some rest time!
    Steph

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home