Living the American Dream

Friday, April 27, 2007

One Month In....

It is exactly one month to the hour since Ross and I arrived in Chicago.
This is what I/we have achieved so far:

1. Moved in to rented apartment.
2. Ross began job, which incidentally is going very well, although I gather there has been a sudden increase in resignations in his department....
3. I began networking. I am getting known by Michelle LeBlanc of the Naperville Cultural Centre; owner of The Comedy Shrine, award winning comedy writer David Sinker and today met Brian Lynch, Director of Naperville Performing Arts Association and Performing Arts Instructor of North Central College.
4. I have secured a job from September (work visa willing) running my own children's writing workshop.
5. We have begun buying a house.
6. We have begun talks about renovations of said house.
7. We received our social security numbers. Hurrah!
8. I applied for a work permit.
9. We have made some wonderful new American friends.
10. We have attended the After Hours Cinema Club.
11. I have joined the Page Turners Book Club.
12. We have regularly(ish) attended the Beth Shalom Temple.
13. I have had one driving lesson and some practice. Second lesson next week.
14. I have written the first chapter of a novel.
15. And of course, have written 38 entries for this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home