Living the American Dream

Saturday, April 21, 2007

All Scream - It's Ice-Cream

Those of you who know me well, know the love/hate relationship I have had with ice-cream over the years. When Ross went to work in Paris a few years ago, I turned to my friends Ben and Jerry for comfort. I should have brought a law suit against them for what they did to my weight!
Fortunately the cold weather in Naperville has kept me away from such fiends. Until last night, that is.
The downtown area is a great place to be on a warm evening. There are groups of kids on the streets,and unlike England, as they pass they actually say "excuse me" and don't look as if they are about to knife you.
And thus it was we came across the Cold Stone Creamery. We were definitely the oldest people in the queue. There were groups of teenagers fresh from baseball practice, still in their striped suits. There were young couples, and one or two moms with their kids. None of them could have had more trouble making their choice than I did.
Eventually I settled on a Coffee Peanut Butter High Cholesterol Whipped De Do Dah(not its real name, but on second thoughts not a bad idea). The young assistant congratulated me on my choice, something I was a little worried about since she couldn't have been much older than 12.
The making up process was a little strange. I was expecting a sundae in a waffle cone. Should you want to clog up your own arteries, this is the recipe:

1. Use two giant paddles to pick up a large wodge of coffee ice-cream.
2. Dump it on a marble counter top.
3. Use a garden spade to carve out 1/2 lb of peanut butter and dump it on the top.
4. Open a packet of Oreo biscuits, eat one, then crunch up the rest of the packet on top of the ice-cream.
5. Squirt on half a pint of whipped cream.
6. Pour over quarter of a pint of chocolate sauce.
7. Use paddles to chop up ice-cream and mush all ingredients together.
8. Scoop up said mess and plonk into waffle cone or small dish*.
*American for large bucket.
9. Allow at least an hour to eat.
10.Throw up.

Recommendation: Do try this at home, or pop into the store when you visit and tell them Hilary sent you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home