Living the American Dream

Monday, June 18, 2007

Dance Macabre

Following my foure into the Philadephia gay scene on Friday night, I was intrigued at the possibility of watching some line dancing at another bar last night. Fortunately for me, and the other dancers, I would not be expected to join in, just spectate. In the past I have enjoyed the odd grapevine myself, but I was always the one on the end of the line falling into the next person, forgetting to turn at the right time so I would always find myself in the opposite direction to everyone else.
If there is one thing my gbf and I have in common it's watching really fit men line dancing, so I entered the bar, Woody's in downtown Philly with some excitement.
Of course what I was expecting was lines of really hunky men stamping and gyrating to Achy Breaky Heart. So you can imagine my horror when what I got was half a dozen middle aged businessmen two stepping around the floor holding their partners in a waltz position!
There were no muscly topless men in tight jeans and cowboy hats. Some even had the audacity to wear shirts and shorts with white socks and formal shoes! I don't know how they could call themselves gay - they must have been closet straight men.

1 Comments:

  • Sounds like I missed out on all of the fun! Wish I could have joined you!

    By Blogger Placido, at 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home