Living the American Dream

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Wedding Crashers

We began our Labor Day weekend festivities by attending a wedding. It was great fun, although I believe the happy couple had been married before; to each other; six nights a week and Wednesday afternoons. We attended Tony and Tina's Wedding, a kind of murder mystery with wedding cake at the Pheasant Run resort in nearby St Charles.
We went with Ross' colleague Ben and his wife Lou. (I hope they'll forgive me for this but I feel its a good idea to change their names because I'm never sure what I'm going to say about them and I don't want to get sued).
The wedding went without a hitch (no pun intended for a change), but our first problem came when it was time to sit down. Our table was doubled booked. For one nervous minute I thought this was some kind of rouse as it was a highly interative evening, but it was a genuine error and they found us somewhere in the end.
If there is one thing I should have learned by now in this country, it is to never open my mouth. In the show, actors mingle with the guests. There is the fierce mother-of-the-bride, the gay brother, that kind of thing. Of course as soon as anyone came within a foot of our table, they immediately honed in on us, so we had to spend a evening talking about the tube; Harrods and English cream teas! Still not sure if the groom actually thought we were from Australia or not.
Ben is even more gregarious than Ross, so lost no opportunity in heckling the wedding party. Lou spent much of the evening hiding under her napkin in embarrassment.
The fighting and yelling across the room as the actors really got into it, made for a fun evening. Much like our own wedding, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home