Living the American Dream

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

And Today's Guest Is...

Greetings fellow blog readers. My name is Robin Decent a.k.a 'orphan 1' and have been informed by mum (you may know her as Hilary!) that I should write an entry under the new feature entitled "Blogging from Britain" (in essence, mum puts people up in the house and they have to write about their visit or pay for room and board (guess which option I chose!) so here goes!
Anyway, apart from the usual shopping and checking out downtown Naperville (Great if you're a middle aged woman who "does lunch" with their "girlfriends") I went on the Segway tour whilst visiting Chicago. For those that don't know what a segway is, it is basically an adult sized motorised scooter with wheels on the side and a $5,000 price tag!
This 3 hr tour took us around the Grant Park area encompassing the museums, Veterans Field (Home of the Chicago Bears) and dodging pedestrians on Michigan Avenue! All in all a great way to see part of the city and if you fancy a change to the usual bus tours and river cruises it's definately worth a consideration. I was the youngest person on the tour so clearly aimed at people who are getting ready to purchase their very first mobility scooter!
So that's my entry over and done with. I wonder what the next visitor will have to say?!

2 Comments:

  • Veterans Field??? Did you mean Soldier Field Stadium?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:57 AM  

  • Close enough! I remembered it had some sort of military reference at least!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home