Living the American Dream

Monday, April 21, 2008

Queer Eye for the Chubby Guy

Every guest at the Hotel Decent is different, but one thing they all seem to enjoy is shopping. So yesterday we went off into Chicago yet again to show the town to the gbf's gbf who has never been there before.
Gbf 2 works for Erno Lazlo in Sak's Fifth Avenue, so he is no stranger to shopping.
"I really don't need to go shopping here, I can do it at home," he insisted as we started to walk the Magnificent Mile. "Mind you, I might just nip into Nordstrom's while I'm here."
"I'll give an hour before he's out," I whispered to Grumpy.
Of course Kenneth Cole was having one of there fabulous sales, so we just had to nip in there too.
The gbf's wasted no time in gathering up clothes to try on. Boy, can the gbf 2 give Orphan No 2 a run for her money (or should I say our money?)
"This would be a good time to get some expert advice," I said to Grumpy. "With two gay men to help you, you could get some really nice stuff."
Unfortunately the designer sizes weren't quite right for him, but for someone who didn't need to shop, gbf 2 came away with six shirts and a jacket. Probably explains why he bought two large cases for a weekend visit...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home