Living the American Dream

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Basket Case

I'm not sure golf and I are ever going to be much of a partnership, judging by what happened at the golf range this afternoon. Last Wednesday I started another course of lessons. Today I realised I hadn't practised all week and I have my second one tomorrow, so went out with Buffy to hit a few balls. As I have previously documented, Buffy is a natural. The way I play I might as well be supernatural.
Anyhow, Buffy kindly drove me up to Arrowhead golf course to hit a few balls, not easy in a biting wind.
Eager to show off that I could do at least one thing better than she could, I carefully lined up the token in the machine which ejects golf balls into a basket. Previously I had tried not to gloat as she struggled to get the grooves in exactly the right place.
The token slipped in first time, no problem at all. Trouble was, in my haste I had completely forgotten to place the basket underneath and the balls shot out all over ground, rolling down the hill egged on by the strengthening wind. At least I got some exercise running after them...

1 Comments:

  • that will teach you for showing off wont it mum.lol

    Abi
    xoxo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home