Living the American Dream

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Broadway Bound

So here's the real reason we're in Michigan. Tomorrow I am stepping into a movie. Not really, of course, but I feel I am doing the sort of thing you see in one. We are staying with my composer friend who has a holiday cottage near the shores of Lake Michigan. We are working on our new show for the Congregation Beth Shalom to perform next year. In my mind I'll be staying at her white washed shabby chic home, you know, the one with shiney hardwood floors and white net curtains billowing in the wind. She and I will work at the piano while Grumpy and her husband cook up a sumptuous barbecue on the deck overlooking the beach.
A surprise guest will be her friend the producer, who will snap up the show for a Broadway premiere in the spring. We will be nominated for six Tonys and win four as we don't like to be greedy.
I'll let you know what actually happens shortly......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home