Living the American Dream

Friday, September 05, 2008

Swept Away?

Today I'm rushing around preparing for our latest adventure. Tomorrow morning we're heading to Jamaica for a week. Yes, I know it's hurricane season before you start. But a little extreme weather always adds to a holiday, don't you think? The fact that our hotel is called Couples Swept Away could be an ominous omen, but the resort sounds a little quiet for us, so it might be fun to have to spend a week locked in a basement with a bunch of strangers.
I'm sure we can cope if there are any problems. I'm quite resourceful. For example, I'm writing this in another local coffee shop because we lost the internet yet again in yesterday's heavy rain. (Remains of Gustav).
Just a minute?Suppose there is a hurricane in Jamaica? Hiding under a table? Fine. Food run out? Probably just as well considering my failed efforts at Weight Watchers. But no internet??? Suppose I'll just have to send you all daily postcards...

1 Comments:

  • They are supplying natural waterbeds in Jamaica with special rates?

    Is Grumpy bringing his breeks?

    Bon Voyage! Have a great time!!!!

    Diane and Jim

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home