Living the American Dream

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Lighting Up The Holiday Season

The holiday season officially kicked off in Naperville this weekend with the annual Hometown Holidays Friends of Little Friends Electric Parade. Hundreds of people crammed into the centre of downtown Naperville to watch around 40 floats chug by. In London such an event would be a haven for pickpockets and thieves, but being Naperville, I swear I found a couple of dollar bills in my pocket at the end I didn't know were there....

Naperville's home grown hero Gina Glocksen, a former American Idol finalist, sang the crowd some seasonal songs.


















3 Comments:

  • No snow yet?

    By Blogger Adele, at 11:52 AM  

  • Oh Adele - you had to ask!!
    Steph

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:48 AM  

  • And to think I thought there was only one witch in the family! The minute I read your comment yesterday the first snowflake fell and it hasn't stopped yet!

    By Blogger Hilary, at 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home