Living the American Dream

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Witch Doctor is Out

This afternoon I interviewed a counsellor. By the time I left, I'm surprised he didn't want to sign me up as a client. His name was given me to by a friend as an interesting subject for my column. When I told her he had agreed, she said I should be sure to ask him to tell me the story about the witch doctor. At the end of the interview, I remembered this, so I said: "Can you tell me the story about the witch doctor?"
He smiled: "Sorry, I don't know what you are talking about."
"Er, I suppose it does sound a little strange, but I was told to ask you."
I started to feel a bit uneasy. Was this a deliberate ploy to make me look like a fool? (If so, a complete waste of time since I have no problem doing so all by myself).
"I really can't remember one," he said. "Sorry." He started to look at me like a specimen in a test tube.
When I got back I immediately spoke to my friend via Facebook.
"The interview was great, but he couldn't remember anything about a witch doctor," I told her.
"A witch doctor? You asked him about a witch doctor???" she replied .
Turned out I shouldn't have asked the counsellor, but another mutual friend whose name begins with the same initial. If you listen carefully, you can still hear my Facebook buddy laughing. And if you really listen carefully, you can probably hear the counsellor too.

1 Comments:

  • I thought everyone had a story about a witch doctor! Steph

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home