Living the American Dream

Monday, January 19, 2009

The Perfect Face For Radio

I'd always quite fancied myself as a chat show host, but never thought of what it would be like to be on the receiving end. Tonight I found out when I was the guest on Revolutionary Muse, an inspirational programme on a blogging radio station. I cannot believe how nervous I was before it began, considering I was simply talking on the phone from my own office. This wasn't helped by the fact that when I initially rang in the line was engaged. It's all very well having trouble getting through a phone in radio station when you just want to add a comment, but a whole different thing when you are the guest!
Fortunately I did eventually manage to get through. The hosts Sue and Joanne said a quick hallo, then muted me so I couldn't speak. It was then I overheard them saying to each other that they thought I was probably very nervous but not to worry because I liked to talk! Great. Some confidence builder that was.
Anyone, once we got going it turned out to be a great experience. After all, who doesn't like spending an hour talking about themselves? If you want to hear for yourselves, click the link on the right. Be warned, it lasts an hour, but is worth listening to. I managed to give free plugs to the Naperville Sun, Naperville Cultural Center, our realtor Jay Shepherd, my show at Congregation Beth Shalom and Grumpy's employers, not to mention my take on living the American dream, of course.

1 Comments:

  • Hi Mum
    I've actually listened to your blog radio appearance (so to speak!) and you're by far better than the presenters!

    BTW, Wikipedia says that Chicago is twinned with Birmingham in the UK :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home