Living the American Dream

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

The Lighthouse Family


One thing I love to do is connect people, so we had fun this morning when I introduced Robin and Richard to my English friends, the Duchess and my new friend Sue from Dubai.
Although my friends are just a little older than the 'ladies' the boys usually mix with, they got on famously over coffee in Panera.
Richard, it turned out, has an interesting job. He's a lighthouse painter! He handed out his card, logo "Someone's Got To Do It," and explained in detail how he organized teams of men to paint lighthouses all over Britain.
The ladies were captivated. Sue thought Richard's job was amazing. The Duchess even wondered if he could branch out to painting water towers over here.
I often joke you can tell Americans anything and they'll believe you. Well my US friends, you're exonerated. Seems the Brits can be pretty gullible too. Gotcha!

3 Comments:

  • He was only teasing? Oh, is that why he didn't appear impressed with my idea of branching into Holland to paint windmills?
    The Duchess..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:02 AM  

  • Next you are going to say that Richard's last name is not Yacht......

    Hyacinth

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58 AM  

  • It's not. It's Club lol

    By Blogger Hilary, at 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home