Living the American Dream

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Snow Joke

Interesting the difference in attitude to snow on either side of the pond. In England everyone is currently moaning about the cold, snow, ice on roads etc. The whole country more or less comes to a standstill in the snow, but to be fair it doesn't happen all that often so it's little wonder they don't invest a lot of money in snow plows etc.
The Americans are much more positive of course. The news readers were positively beaming yesterday as they talked about people playing in the snow. However, even I think sometimes you can be too positive. Yesterday we had a good three inches of snow on top of what was already down. The newsreaders described this as a 'dusting'. And another thing. I understand an inch of snow has to fall on December 25th to constitute a white Christmas. In London just one flake has to fall on the Weather Centre roof!

1 Comments:

  • Well I was positively extactic that my snowblower worked yesterday to clear the foot of snow off of my driveway and around the house! Otherwise I'm not too positive about snow. Well, I guess I am positively happy when it melts : - )

    By Blogger Ellie Keschova, at 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home