Living the American Dream

Thursday, December 23, 2010

999th Posting: It's a Wonderful Life

Happy Christmas to all my readers (assuming there's any of you left out there). If you look carefully, you'll see it isn't Bedford Falls, but downtown Naperville. It was taken a few days ago by Glancer Magazine photographer David Neesley.
The card epitomizes Naperville. It's a typical small town much like the one featured in the Christmas classic. It's a place where miracles happen on a daily basis and no one ever falls out with anyone apart from Grumpy and me with each other. Everyone here lives happily ever after, which is what we are trying to do.
My next posting will be my 1,000th. As some of you will know I have been debating whether to continue on after that. As I've said before, I now write for a living so have other avenues in which to be heard.
Living the American Dream is just a story like any other. Like all good things it will have to come to an end sometime. Not because we will be moving away, but perhaps I won't have anything new to say. We've been round the wheel nearly four times now. Is it worth continuing the world's most public private diary? I don't know, do you?

4 Comments:

  • It is always invigorating and refreshing to my soul to hear from someone with such a positive vision of The Dream who is so involved in driving it to come true. We hope there are another one thousand postings....

    The photograph is exquisite. We love black and white photography...and at its best.

    Diane

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:11 PM  

  • You know we all love to hear your perspective on the life here that we sometimes take for granted. Please don't stop!

    By Anonymous Rebecca of Sunnybrook Drive, at 8:37 AM  

  • Reading your blog is part of my daily ritual, so you cannot stop it, I don't like changes to my daily ritual,
    In fact, it is bad enough for me when you do not post something for a week. I love the blog, the layout, the photos, and your humour!!
    Looking forward to 2011, Grumpy in his Speedo in Hawaii!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:08 PM  

  • I agree with those previous comments - not sure about Grumpy in a Speedo though! Of course you should continue - "Every time a blog posts, an alien gets her green card"..and one day soon that alien will be you!! Happy New Year Hilary and Ross xxx
    Stephanie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home