Living the American Dream

Monday, January 03, 2011

If The Shoe Fits....


It's January, so here we go again with my usual "how much weight can I lose, how fit can I get before I give up on February 1st"?
This time I'm taking it very seriously. On Wednesday I'm trying a new kind of exercise class - Zumba. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but it involves Latin American rhythms which I'm hoping will help me to block out the fact that I'm trying to exercise.
Today I took the first steps in the 2011 regime. At the outlet mall I chose salad for lunch, and didn't have even one of those little bits of chicken on cocktail sticks they wave at you on your way to the ladies room.
Better than that I bought this really cool pair of exercise shoes. They're so so sparkly I can imagine I'm not exercising at all, but ballroom dancing. Clever eh? Not sure what I'm going to wear with them yet. Don't think a sequined dress will be quite suitable, but I've still got a day to go to sort that one out.

2 Comments:

  • Where and what time are you doing Zumba?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:31 AM  

  • This is ridiculous! I was going to sneak off and do this so no one could see me make a fool of myself. I've never had such a flurry of activity on facebook. It's 9 a.m. Wednesday 5th at De Sarge Danceworld, on rte 59. Totally free for the first month!
    Assuming this is Sue and not the paparazzi, wanna join me?

    By Blogger Hilary, at 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home