Living the American Dream

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Puppy Poser

She may only be three months old, but no one in my household is allowed to shirk their responsibilities. Having failed miserably at house training (two weeks in and she's still to lift a duster) I've decided Daisy will just have to follow in my footsteps instead. So today she took part in her first photo shoot in an effort to make her famous, just like me.
I'm obviously not actually that famous, because the shoot took place at our favorite downtown dog boutique, the Two Bostons. The assistant had no idea who I was but went along with it because I had a photographer in tow. (I really am going to have to have my own paparazzi team running after me if I'm ever to achieve true fame in this town).
We set up in the back corner and got to work.
I can see now it must have been a little confusing for Daisy. I was using my training clicker behind her, and our photographer was calling in front of her. Although she responds pretty well if I say "watch me", it's not much use if I'm sitting behind her and we're both meant to be looking at the camera. Technically I'm not sure if posing for photos will ever come up at our training class, certainly not before she's learned to walk more than six steps in a straight line on a leash.
After about 20 minutes we managed two shots and a puddle on the floor. (I really need to drink less before I go out).
"How about we just have her sitting on the stool?" suggested Flash.
Since Daisy can barely make it down the front door step without an elevator, it seemed like a plan. After all, Havanese have a history of being circus dogs. If the stool balancing act when well, perhaps we could try the trapeze next?
Two minutes of wobbling made me realize she was never going to make it onto American iDog, so we abandoned that idea before I could be summoned before the Humane Society.
"Maybe we need some help," said Flash. He called upon an assistant to stand behind him. After another 10 minutes of her telling Daisy how fabulous she was, the dog finally gave in and gave a couple of sneers at the camera.
You can see the results of Daisy's first brush with fame in the April edition of Glancer Magazine. Not sure she'll ever be a cover girl, but it could be something for her to get her teeth into.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home