Living the American Dream

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Chanukah Party Pix

Some people are so impatient. The photos would have been up sooner, but it's taken us all day to clear up!

The hosts with the most. We'll be back dieting as usual on January 1st!
Ross succeeds at dreidl. Pity all his winnings were chocolate!

The guests were so worried about my cooking, some of them even made their own cookies for us!

The local meeting of Gamblers Anonymous got off to a flying start...

"I'd like one of those for Chanukah when I grow up," thinks Lex, eying up the lovely Michelle.
Fortunately Jett only has eyes for me.

Ben smiles gleefully, unaware Lou is gambling away all their life savings.

Buffy and Venus laugh as they plot their next venture for Hilary's column.

Gamblers Anonymous bet they can play dreidl without losing.

"I made a little dreidl, I made it out of clay." Ross sings the traditional Chanukah song, hoping nobody notices it's made out of plastic.

Buffy and Michelle laugh over the latkes.

As the party continues, Lou wonders about the link between Chanukah and a Japanese gong.


A traditional Chanukah table, complete with chanukiah - the eight branch candlestick, one for every day of the holiday.

Inside the house we were warm and cosy. Outside lay around 6" of snow. Still, it saved making ice to keep the wine cold!













3 Comments:

  • I felt like a winner every time I managed to get my little dreidel to actually spin instead of just falling over! Great party, Hilary & Ross - Thank you.. Steph

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:59 PM  

  • Looks like a great party - what happened to our invitation? Lost in the post?€

    We are all getting seriously concerned about the number of times gambling appears in the blog though, Ross.

    By Blogger Adele, at 1:15 PM  

  • Believe me, you were very much missed...especially when I was frying all those latkes!

    By Blogger Hilary, at 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home