Living the American Dream

Monday, July 21, 2008

The Right Chemistry

I'm a bit worried about my latest venture. In the autumn I am hopng to teach a class for the community education department of North Central College, and today I had to go and fill in the paperwork. I've never been so pleased to have to fill in some forms. It was like having a real job!
The only problem was before I left, I was made to watch a short video about handling dangerous chemicals, which basically boiled down to make sure you read the label.
"Er, am I likely to be handling suphuric acid in a creative class?" I asked. I know I've done some slightly off the wall stuff in the past, but this seemed a bit odd even for me.
"No, no," I was assured. "Every new employee has to watch this video, just in case. It's a safety thing."
Hope I'm not going to be running my class from a laboratory. It could lead to some explosive lessons!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home