Living the American Dream

Monday, July 21, 2008

The Sunny Side of the Street?

We're into the final preparations before Grumpy's birthday barbecue at the weekend. This morning I thought I'd send out a little reminder to our ever growing guest list (70 so far, but more anticipated). So there I am, telling people about a wonderful garden party with live music, entertainment and cocktails under the stars with a thunderstorm crashing about me.
Last year it never occurred to me there could be rain. It had been hot and sunny for weeks, and anyway we were so busy (sorry, Jett was so busy) getting the house finished, we didn't have time to even think about the weather.
This year I've lost count of the number of storms we've had. But if we could get a whole house remodelled in six weeks last year in time for the party, I've no doubt we can pull off a fabulous sun soaked event again this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home