Living the American Dream

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

400th Entry: Clouds in my Coffee

I had hoped this special entry would be about something great, but you can never get these publishers or Broadway producers to deliver on time. As it turns out, it's just going to be about the fact I'm without internet because of the storms last night.
I could write a descriptive piece about how the gales brought down branches, or how my hibiscus blew over. I could write about how Grumpy and I played pool in the basement while tornadoes were spotted a few miles away. But instead I'm writing about our internet non-provider, Comcast.
Bereft without a connection this morning, I rang them to try to get a status update.
The automated response (I'm sure she's related to that unhelpful woman who lives inside our GPS) told me to dial various options before I was allowed to tell her the reason I was calling.
She then put me through to another robot who told me they could not take my call, but suggested I look on their website!
Since I was ringing to complain I had no internet access, how could check the status on their website?!
So instead of writing about cracking branches and cloud laden skies, my 400th entry is being composed while taking refuge in Caribou Coffee where the free Wi-Fi is more enticing than the drinks.

1 Comments:

  • Congrats on your 400th Entry! And congrats on making it through another midwest storm. Just wanted to say that we are all glad you are here and your blog is the greatest on the planet :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home