Living the American Dream

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

(Expo) sing Myself


So here I am waiting in the lobby so Grumpy can take me into this evening's expo. Peering through the door it looks just like the Ideal Home Show (an old favourite of mine in London). Can't wait. But where is he? He told me not to go in without him.
Who's that waving? Oh, it's my new English friend. I guess I could go in with you. I imagine I'll find Grumpy inside.
What? A glass of wine? That is a good idea. Hmm. Very good. I'm liking this better already.
It's actually not quite as exciting as the Ideal Home because even though I'm staring at the numerous stands I have no idea what they are selling. Never mind. A pen? Thank you. A key fob? Don't mind if I do.
"How about this?" says English.
"Blackjack? Not really my game, but if they're handing out free chips?"
I lose my chips and we continue on. English tries her hand out at Wii, something I have been trained to never go near.
Thish wine ish really quite good. Gueshh it musht be from California. Mmm.
The buffet table is quite good too. Difficult to juggle a glass of wine and a handful of freebies, but I manage to pull it off so I can load my plate with chicken tenders. Mm. They're good too.
My happy state is snapped by a familiar voice behind me.
"Where have you been?" says Grumpy.
"I thought I'd shtart without you," I said. "Look at all thish good stuff I've got."
He peered at my little action figure and a backscratcher. He didn't look too impressed.
"Sorry, musht go," I said. "I've just seen another friend."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home