Living the American Dream

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Team Decent

Team Decent is going for gold! While Grumpy is hard at work conferencing (or whatever they call it) all day, I'm doing my bit for the team in the social networking department. Yesterday I made four new friends. That meant at the latest evening reception I was able to introduce him to some useful new people.
Of course the trouble is, I have no idea who any of these people are. Just because you have a jolly chat on a tour bus with someone doesn't make their husband the head of IBM, but then again you never know.
By the end of the week, I expect Grumpy will be rubbing shoulders with the janitor, local bus driver and hotel piano player, and it will all be down to me!
And to think he didn't want to bring me. Make yourself indispensable, and you never know what trips you might find yourself going on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home