Living the American Dream

Monday, March 09, 2009

The Plane Truth

Back at the airport today with another horror story. Personally, I would always leave a minimum of six hours to catch a flight, but with Grumpy at the wheel I had to make do with the usual "let's race the plane off the runway."
I was doubly worried because of the id debacle on the way over. This time I lined up to be told to join another line somewhere else in the airport. Beads of sweat began to break out on my brow as the minutes ticked by. I was just getting to the end of the line when a security guard made us all move back..way back.
"That's it, we'll never make the flight now," I moaned.
"It's ok, we've plenty of time," said Grumpy. "At least four minutes before boarding."
Turns out the delay at security was caused by a knife wielding lunatic, who fortunately I didn't actually see, but didn't bother to hang around to find out.
Back at the first line, another security guard looked somewhat bemusedly at my Costco id and let me through. We made the plane with moments to spare, only to sit on the runway for an hour before taking off...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home