Living the American Dream

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

They're Not Celebrities So Get Them Out Of Here

In my position as self proclaimed Naperville celebrity wannabe, I realize I need to put myself out there more. So today I'm pleased to tell you I'm going to appear in my own reality show "I'd Like To Be A Celebrity - Get Me In There".
Scene:
A muddy rain sodden forest preserve in Warrenville, Illinois. Six people are gathered round a camp fire.
Their only claim to fame is they've all appeared in this blog, which means no one knows who they are.

Hyacinth: Hallo everyone. Isn't this exciting? I wonder where the NCTV cameras are hidden?
The Duchess: Well I've just given a cup of tea to a man behind a bush, but he didn't appear to have a camera.
Grumpy: Aren't you all getting fed up with being manipulated by Hilary like this? Notice how she's never in any of these situations. She's putting her feet up in front of the tv while I'm stuck out here in this miserable forest preserve eating bugs.
Jett: Stop moaning man. No wonder she calls you Grumpy. I like her. She always writes lovely things about me on the blog. And for your information, no one told you to eat those bugs. They'll be bringing our order from Jimmy John's in a minute. Now get over here and help me build this shelter.
The Oracle: You know if you used this log it would work much better.
Venus: This one looks like a tennis racket. Who wants a game?
A rustling is heard in the bushes. Enter Hilary in a new outfit, full make up and fluorescent blue nail polish. The others stand back to admire her beauty. (Come on, what did you expect? If you don't like it, write your own blog).
Hyacinth: Hilary! You are here. Thank God. How would we survive without you?
The Duchess: You're right Hyacinth. Did you remember the tea bags? We've a spare cot for you over here, right beside the poison ivy.
Hilary: Good grief, you'd don't think I'm staying do you? My idea of roughing it is to spend a night in a three star hotel. I'm just popping in long enough to appear in the programme now and then. Must dash. See you later.

3 Comments:

  • Hilary, did you bring my Royal Doulton cups and saucers with the blue periwinkles?

    Hyacinth

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:32 PM  

  • Forget the forest - organise Jett & Grumpy to build a float and be in the Labor Day Parade. You'll get print space, tv time, and the adulation of the crowds along the route - you can do the Queen E. wave and Grumpy can throw English Toffee (hygienically wrapped of couse) to the hordes...
    The Duchess

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:10 PM  

  • I meant the toffee should be hygienically wrapped of course, not Grumpy..
    The Duchess

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home