Living the American Dream

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lunatics: Remembering the First Moon Landing

Captain's Blog: July 20th 1969
Scene: The Moon

Two little green men are sitting chatting in a crater.

Plinko: seuk ei mei neer ru fee lute
Panko: How am I ever going to practise my English if you keep talking to me in Moonish?
Plinko: Sorry, I forgot. How are things with you?
Panko: Ok, but I'm a bit bored. Nothing ever seems to happen around here.

Just then a noise is heard from above. A lunar module slowly glides down and lands on the surface in front of them.

Plinko (leaping up): "Holy strekee ne'ir me flud!!"
Panko: Do you have to swear?
Plinko: Sorry, but look! What is that?

The door to the module opens and two men climb out. One of them is holding an American flag.
He waves at the little green men.

Astronaut: Hallo there. Take me to your leader.
Panko: At last. Someone to practise my English with. Hallo. What is your name and why are you wearing that goldfish bowl on your head?
Astronaut: My name is Buzz Aldrin. Without this helmet, I wouldn't be able to breathe.
Panko: Buzz? Must be from another planet with a name like that. Hope you emptied out the water before you put the bowl on your head.
Astronaut: I can't believe this place is inhabited. You know what that means? In 40 years time the moon could be a great tourist destination. You guys could make millions. I could see it now. Your own theme park, thousands of visitors a year...
Plinko: No! We like the quiet life. If you tell anyone about us we'll start an intergalatic war.
Astronaut: Ok, off you go then. I'm just going to have a quick round of golf, then we're off. Should be easy, the size of the holes you have around here....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home