Living the American Dream

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Flour Power

This afternoon was my photo shoot for the Glancer. The one that's going to launch my career as the face on the Food Network floor. Fortunately they didn't need to see the finished product, so I set about taking out a few things before the photographer arrived. I had also seen a previous version, where someone was photographed wearing their coat in their kitchen with a perfectly clean bowl stuck on the countertop in front of them.
There were two ways I could go with this. Pop some gingham curtains up at the window, put on an apron and make a big batch of scones that would be smelt half way up the street or....
What I actually did was throw half a bag of flour all over the counter, the rest all over my face. The photographer arrived late in the day because she had to finish school first. Honest. She's an intern studying digital photography at college. She looked about 12, and a little surprised to walk in to all this mess.
In the end she got a good selection of photos, one of which will appear in their October issue. Much as I would like to be a model in a magazine, when you look like I do, it's something that just isn't likely to happen. But clowning around with a face full of flour? I'm a perfect dish.

1 Comments:

  • And you would be a perfect dish to light(en) up the Food Network with your culinary, creative, and comedic skills!!!!!!

    Peace,

    Diane

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home