Living the American Dream

Sunday, August 30, 2009

I Left My Heart in Ravinia

Last night we took our young guests to Ravinia to listen to Tony Bennett. They had heard of him because he'd once made an appearance on The Simpsons. It was a wonderful concert, and Grumpy and I were especially thrilled to see that there was another celebrity in the audience-Mickey Rooney! I've never been so star struck in my life as I have been since moving here. Apparently, Bennett had played Ravinia on Friday night too, flown to Ted Kennedy's funeral, then back again for the second concert. Not bad for an 83-year-old!


Real men may eat quiche, but they don't have to like it.
"Here, spit it out into your napkin like I'm doing," says Andrea.


Much better than a diamond. This one flashes in the dark!

This is the 26th year Bennett has sung at Ravinia. Guess he must have left just a little bit of his heart here too....



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home