Living the American Dream

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dancing On Thin Ice

I'm still living life vicariously through Olympic gold medalist Evan Lysacek. Last night we attended the second screening party for ABC's Dancing With The Stars at a local restaurant. By 'we' I mean, Grumpy, me and my four inch kill-her heels.
The first party had taken place on the first night of the competition. I knew no one and was only there in my capacity as a local reporter.
By yesterday I knew half the room and some people were under the impression I had actually organized the event myself. This wasn't true, of course. I just nudged things a long a little to make sure the it took place. The fact that my name took top billing in an article in my newspaper ahead of Evan's parents may have had something to do with this misunderstanding, but I didn't write it quite like that. Honestly.
We all had a great time and the event raised $5,000 for a local charity, so whoever actually decided to press ahead with it wasn't wasting their time!
There was only one little fly in the ointment. Last night Evan received his worst ever score from the judges. We'd all been so confident he was going to win we were already talking about a final night party. (No, I'm not organizing that either, but thanks for thinking I could).
Evan's foot doctor, Robert Weil and I talk about Evan as if he was our love child. We're so keen for him to do well, and only a teeny weeny bit because he's helping both our careers. The idea that he may be thrown out of the competition tonight is hardly worth thinking about it. We're behind him all the way. But just in case, I don't suppose anyone knows where Jake Pavelka's parents live, do you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home