Living the American Dream

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Road Trip

Tomorrow we're off on another little jaunt to the state that's finger lickin' good. Why Kentucky? Well, when your ambition is to visit every state you have to do it sometime. This'll be number 27 for me, 28 for Grumpy.
The good news is this time we're driving, so no airport problems, plus I can take all the sharp pointy objects and gallons of unidentified liquids I want. The bad news is 'road trip' translates into "it's all right for you, I have to do all the driving." Having barely driven out of Naperville since we've been here, you'd think he'd be used to it by now. We're very old fashioned in that way. The husband does the driving while the wife does the navigating. Fortunately these days my job has been taken by over by GPS woman. I'm still looking for a robot to take over the driving.
Hope you'll check in to follow our adventures. I'm on the hunt for the essence of Kentucky - horse racing, fried chicken, bourbon and perhaps a few surprises.
If you don't hear from me for a couple of days it means Grumpy won the "how much are they charging for Internet in this hotel?" argument. If you do hear, it means I'm blogging from the bathroom at 2 a.m.

1 Comments:

  • Hadley
    Pottery in Louisville is quite interesting.

    Have a good, safe trip.

    Diane

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home