Living the American Dream

Friday, May 21, 2010

Creeping Round The Stars

Poster courtesy of Nettie McFarlan Badgley, Monarch Marketing.

I never quite know where my relentless quest for fame will take me next! Regular readers will know that I have written previously about my only slightly veiled contempt for people who sponge off others' success. Well I'm coming clean. Here I am doing it myself!
Yes, now on top of being a reporter, humorist, playwright, lyricist, model, during dinner speaker, director and all round show off, if you look at this poster you'll see I'm now a producer!
From watching the first viewing party on the TV news, to reporting on others for the Naperville Sun and Glancer Magazine, I find I am now somehow partly responsible for this final one. All this goes to show its amazing what people will let you do when you volunteer for something in this city!
On Tuesday evening Evan Lysacek will hopefully win the Mirror Ball Trophy, marking both the end of a hard fought contest and the end of my career. I've become obsessed with him since I discovered someone from Naperville was likely to win a gold medal in Vancouver. I stalked him throughout Evan Lysacek Day, have befriended his parents in a desperate attempt for material, saw him skate live at the All State Arena and keep a date with him every Monday and Tuesday night as he dances his way through Dancing With The Stars.
Now you could say, and I hope you will, that this just means I'm an ace reporter always putting my readers' needs first. Or you could be forgiven for saying I'm just another one of the paparazzi looking after her own interests, which to be fair I wouldn't take as an insult.
Either way, life will never quite be the same again after Tuesday when the season comes to an end. Unless you know anyone else in Naperville on the brink of super stardom, that is.....

1 Comments:

  • Hmmmmm...."on the brink of super stardom".... Let me see....

    By George, I've got it!

    Have you begun writing your autobiography!?

    Hyacinth

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home