Living the American Dream

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bachelorette Party

Scene:
Hilary the Bachelorette is standing in a wooded glade otherwise known as her backyard.
She has a basket of wilted red rose heads beside her.
Grumpy: You know those roses would still be fresh if you could only make your mind up!
Hilary: Tossing her long blond hair coquettishly Just be patient, will you. I'm facing a very difficult decision. I'm not giving these wilted roses to just anyone you know. I can only select 120 people to be guests at our annual party.
Grumpy: If you don't get a move on the party will be over. Why you can't just send out an Evite like everyone else, I don't know.
Hilary: Ok, I'm ready.Mr Mayor, will you accept this rose?
Mayor Pradel: Stepping forward, he shouts: Citizens of Naperville, I'd like to accept this rose on behalf of all the little people. This is the best city in the world and...
Grumpy: It's ok, you save that for Sunday. Just take the rose and get going. Shouldn't you be at a ribbon cutting?
Mayor Pradel: Gee, you're right. See ya later.
Hilary: Geordie Sue, will you accept this rose?
Geordie Sue: Why ay missis. Wouldnee miss ya barbie cue for the world."
Grumpy: Ok, guess you're on the list then. But don't forget to bring your Geordie phrasebook with you. No one will understand a word you're saying.
Hilary: Hyacinth, will you accept this rose?
Rose (stepping forward) No, but I'll take a hyacinth if you have one.
Duchess of Douglas Avenue: I'll take a rose!
Hilary: I'm sorry you'll have to take your turn. I only have 117 left and I want to make sure I make the right choice. This decision could affect my life you know.
Grumpy: It sure will. If this goes on much longer you really will be a Bachelorette!
Hilary: Now you're just trying to make me feel good. Go off and do something useful like chop up a lettuce.
Jett: You tell him. Now are sure there's nothing I can do to help? I could build another third floor on your house if you like. We've still got five days til the party, plenty of time.
Hilary: How sweet, but you won't have time for that. We've still got to fit in a trip to Bora Bora before then......

2 Comments:

  • so, am I getting a rose? The Duchess..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:50 AM  

  • "eeeeee,Why ay missis. al pick the Mayor up on me way over enall"

    Thanks for me rose, petal !!

    can't wait !!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home