Living the American Dream

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Knee Jerk

I'd like to point out I didn't end up being X rayed today because of the Zumba class, although if I decide to carry on with it it might be worth taking a brain scan to see where my sanity has gone. I've had an achy knee on and off ever since I slipped on Geordy Sue's deck more than a year ago. Not that I'm still blaming her of course. Everytime I think I really must go to the doctor it gets better, but after another night of tossing and turning I thought I'd check it out.
I went along to our local Convenient Care Center which gave excellent service. In under an hour I had registered, seen a nurse, a nice looking doctor (wish I'd remembered to shave my legs), a radiologist and another nurse whose job was just to wave and say "good bye".
You know being examined and having an X ray is much more pleasant when you don't have to expose any orifices?
Good news was nothing much to worry about, just a bit of wear and tear, which is a bit of shame because I was hoping for a doctor's note about why I couldn't go to Zumba anymore.
However, as the final nurse was signing me off, she smiled.
"Have I seen you here before?" she asked.
"No," I replied. And hopefully never again.
"Oh, it's just you look familiar. And I know your name."
After I explained what I do, she realized she'd read me in the Naperville Sun and Glancer Magazine.
"Oo, I'll make sure I look out for you now," she said.
Which is all very nice, but I'm pleased I was only there for my knee and nothing more personal.....

2 Comments:

  • Fame at last! You are fast becoming to Naperville, what Cheryl Cole is to Newcastle. Synonymous!

    By the way the pain is all in the mind, you are just trying to get out of Zimbabwe!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:11 PM  

  • Today is International Silly Walk Day!

    Really.

    Hyacinth

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home