Living the American Dream

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Turning the Tables

I am so excited I can hardly wait to tell you! After 4 months, two days, four hours, 36 minutes and 23 seconds, we finally have a dining room table!! The wait has been difficult to say the least. It was ok in the summer because we could entertain outside. We could manage a few guests inside thanks to our spacious kitchen countertops plus bar stools, then a few more once the poker/pub table arrived. But when we had to host two formal dinner parties on plastic fold up tables with garden chairs in the Fall, it all became a bit wearing.
Problems began when the mill manufacturing the custom fabric for part of the order went into liquidation. The company we ordered from (remember the ones who thought a gigantic Italianate sleigh bed would suit our contemporary style) somehow managed to get the fabric made. But for some reason which will never get to the bottom of, that meant the entire order wasn't started, even though some of it had no fabric on it all.
Anyway, I would like to say all was forgiven today when I had an emotional reunion with the delivery men I never thought I would see again. But I can't. The dining room table is indeed beautiful and I can't wait to host my next dinner party on it. Unfortunately I can't. We are still awaiting a sofa, two accent chairs, eight dining room chairs and a cocktail cabinet.

3 Comments:

  • Did you break it in yet????

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:36 PM  

  • Don't be silly, I'm not going to USE it. Might get scratched. And anyway, we haven't got any chairs.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:28 PM  

  • Welcome to the wonderful world of the caterer. Well, it will be once you get your chairs

    By Blogger Adele, at 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home