Living the American Dream

Friday, November 02, 2007

It's Beginning To Sound A Lot Like Christmas

On November 1st one of the local radio stations announced it would start playing holiday music. I listened today and discovered that is all it is playing, and Christmas is still almost two months away. Last week I heard Christmas music playing in a lingerie shop and trees and decorations are popping up all over the place.
Locals have still to remove their Halloween decorations and it is already Christmas! What about Thanksgiving on November 22nd? We've hardly heard a thing about that, save for the carpet and floor company, Empire, who are promising a free turkey will every order placed.
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Halloween seemed to begin on October 1st, and that's a minor holiday compared to Christmas.
Despite being Jewish, I enjoy the atmosphere of Christmas as much as the next person, but I think I may well be sick of it by December 24th. But wait, I see Chanukah is only just over a month away! I must get busy...

1 Comments:

  • Agreed! No Christmas music until after Thanksgiving!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home