Living the American Dream

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Break for the Border

Tomorrow we're heading off for a couple of days. We've had enough of the snow here in Naperville, so we thought we'd go somewhere with nicer weather. Where did we pick? Canada!

Actually, the real reason is we have to renew our visa as Ross had to get a new passport recently. In order the get the visa stamped again, we have to leave the country, then come back.
Since the debacle of the social security numbers, I had forgotten about the wonderful red tape this country likes to tie itself up in.
So just to make sure everything works out ok this time, I am taking with me our passports, of course, the visa, my work permit, our marriage licence, my library card, a receipt from Jewel, this week's column cut out of the Naperville Sun, a letter from my piano teacher to say I can now play Heart and Soul (a life long ambition, I may add), an e mail from Mr Okano Gamoogoo from Bekena Vassa asking for money, a hall pass from Naperville North High School and a Christmas card from our realtor.
We should be back on Thursday, although I am taking my laptop to keep everyone updated. If it doesn't work out, guess we'll be living the Canadian Dream by Christmas.

5 Comments:

  • How on earth did you get a hall pass from Naperville North High School?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:20 AM  

  • I bought it from a kid in the school yard. A bargain at $50 I thought.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 9:58 AM  

  • Did you bring a "Get Out of Jail for Free" card? Ross might need that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:56 AM  

  • I recommend the "community Chest" "Get Out of Jail for Free" card, since it is more universally accepted in non US countries. Best regards, Mr. Spike

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:59 AM  

  • Yea Spike, there is always a "chance" that they won't take the other.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home