Living the American Dream

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Getting on Famously

In my ever continuing efforts to become the Victoria Beckham of Naperville, this evening I attended an open evening at the Naperville Sun. Unfortunately they didn't make a point of asking me. I had to invite myself when a fan, yes I have the odd one, asked if I was going. So I spruced myself up and went along, waiting to be recognised.
An elderly lady in a Christmas sweater approached me almost as soon as I walked in the room. Unfortunately I was busy being distracted by the chocolate fountain running in the corner.
"Hallo," she said. "It's me."
"Me?" I thought I was the famous one.
"I was the one who e mailed you."
"Oh," I snapped into celebrity mode. "How nice to meet you."
We had a quick chat and I looked around to see who was next in line. Of course there was no one, although I did spy an entire boy scout group queuing up at the fountain. I'd obviously missed my chance there.
Things picked up towards the end of the evening, when I was finally recognised by a representative from the local TV company NCTV17. Unfortunately she didn't immediately offer me my own chat show, but she did say she'd be happy to show me around the studios. Watch this space....

1 Comments:

  • Dear Mrs. Beckham:

    Your SECRET is out, VICTORIA! I'm foreseeing a queue miles long.

    On another note, not certain if you are aware of the Motion Picture Association of America's Rating system, but you you removed the "TV" from the NCTV17, there would be a hugely different connotation! (http://www.mpaa.org/FlmRat_Ratings.asp)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home