Living the American Dream

Monday, February 04, 2008

Measure for Measure

I was standing in my kitchen this morning, when I saw a stranger walking around in my garden, which is now under about 8" of snow, by the way.
In England, I would have called the police, but Naperville being what it is, I assumed he was probably going to plant some bulbs or landscape the lawn for free.
He took out a tape measure.
"Can I help you?" I asked.
"Just checking the steps of your deck are the correct depth," he said. "I'm from the city council. They're fine."
That's good. I thought he was there to measure the snow....

3 Comments:

  • City Council??? Sounds suspicious!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:54 AM  

  • are you sure it wasnt janet bird watching again. x

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:57 PM  

  • Ahh, but now your property taxes will increase beaause you have a deck. Just watch.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home