Living the American Dream

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Lee the Ripper

People certainly are friendly around here. The boys have just gone out for the evening with two girls from around the corner, who they met in a bar the other evening. Fashionable as ever, they spent at least 30 seconds sprucing themselves up before leaving the house.
"What's that you're wearing?" I asked Lord Lee.
"Ripped jeans," he said.
"I could sew them up if you like," I joked.
"My grandmother says that,"he said. "She asked me if I got them cheap because they are ripped, but I told her I actually paid more."
"Great," said Orphan No. 1 to me. "Now you sound like a 90-year-woman."
Nothing brings you down to earth like having your kids around. But something else was bothering me.
"What is it with those jeans?" I asked Lord Lee. "They look wrong."
"It so cold out, I've got my thermals on underneath," he confessed.
Let's hope he doesn't get stopped by the fashion police on his night out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home