Living the American Dream

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Music Man

Last night we went to see Marvin Hamlisch in concert at Pfeiffer Hall - Naperville's answer to Carnegie Hall. Actually we have a Carnegie Hall too, Pfeiffer Hall is right next door, but I digress.
I thought it would inspire me to continue with my piano playing, but it had the opposite effect. He has been playing for nearly his entire life and is nothing short of brilliant. The music just seems to pour out of him. He was probably thinking about what he was going to have for breakfast tomorrow, but still managed to perform like a magic music machine.
He must have a had at least a 45 year head start to reach that level. I had been quite pleased with myself that I can now play Oh Susannah with both hands. (Easy, peasey version). If I keep going at that rate, I may one day be an accomplished pianist/composer. Trouble is, I'll need to live to 160!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home