Living the American Dream

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Sweet Smell of Success

The topic of today's conference was shopping. Our keynote speaker English decided there was so much to be learnt from the experience, that the only thing we could do was make the session as practical as possible. Together with the rest of the group, (both coincidentally from Chicago) we set off in a cab to the nearest shopping area. There we saw at first hand how society can benefit from both an indoor mall (lots of air-conditioning) and an outdoor one (plenty of sunshine).
While English headed off alone to leave us trainees alone, I decided as newly appointed project leader it was up to me to show them what to do.
Making a dive for Jo Malone, the perfumerie that I never would go into in London because it was so expensive, I showed them how to choose the perfect scent. I felt my expertise really came to the fore when I told them I would only buy the travel size because I didn't want to check my luggage in on the return trip. (I neglected to say if I'd have spent much more Grumpy would have made me walk home).
After an inexpensive but delightful lunch we all headed back to our respective hotels to reflect on what we had learnt and write up our reports. Hope you've enjoyed reading mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home