Living the American Dream

Monday, March 09, 2009

Surprise!


I often joke about the niceness of Naperville society. "If you leave your car unlocked, someone will fill it with gas then return it fully valeted for you," that kind of thing.
Well today I have another one of the those stories. I returned from our trip to Atlanta to find someone had broken into our house and remodelled the master bathroom!
Not surprisingly Grumpy wasn't as surprised as I was. He had colluded with Jett for weeks to have the work done while we were away as a gift to mark our second anniversary here in the U.S.
Thinking about it, if Jett could remodel virtually an entire house in six weeks when we bought it, it would be entirely reasonable for him to do a bathroom in five days.
Now it does occur to me that many women would faint at the prospect of someone doing such a thing. Naperville women in particular are, let's just say, very particular. They want to check every screw, tile and switch before letting a builder loose. I'm usually quite picky myself, but with Jett at the helm, I have no concerns. I'd let him build me an entire house unseen and know I would love it, although I'd probably have to go away for a little longer for that.
So now I have a gleaming new bathroom, with dark wood cabinets and tiny metallic tiles so beautiful I may just sit up all night admiring them. And a husband who continues to surprise me after 28 years of marriage...

3 Comments:

  • Grumpy is a gem!
    Steph

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:24 AM  

  • Can you give Jett my address?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:55 AM  

  • can you give jett our address. lol our bathroom needs doing

    Abi xxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home